Flue Covers, Chase Covers & Top-Sealing Chimney Dampers
Although you can’t see the top of your chimney very well, a lot goes on there, and it’s a critical area of your overall chimney system. Chimney Sweep Inc. of Lakeside, CA, provides several services to keep your chimney tops protected and in excellent condition.
Flue Cover Repair & Installation
Flue covers are handsome components that cover the flue opening at the top of your chimney. Its key features are:
- Mesh sides that allow for a proper draft so that smoke can leave the chimney
- Protection against fiery sparks and embers popping out of the flue
- Protection against birds, squirrels, rodents and other small animals that build nests in chimneys and sometimes die inside them
- Protection against twigs, leaves and other debris that, like animal nests, can cause a draft blockage and send smoke and deadly carbon monoxide into your home
- Protection against damaging rain
Chimney Chase Cover Repair & Installation
Chimney chase covers are found on factory-built chimneys. They provide a protective covering over the top of the chase structure.
A common issue with chase covers is rusting. Many of these components are made of galvanized steel, which is prone to rust. When a chase top is rusted out, water can get in and cause serious problems, such as:
- Firebox damage
- Rotting in the materials of the chase
- Rusted fireplace damper and chimney pipe
- Mold growth and unpleasant odors
- Rotting in parts of the home adjacent to the chase
In some cases, we can repair chase covers; if damage is severe, we’ll recommend a new chase top made from rust-resistant stainless steel.
Top-Mount Chimney Damper Repair & Installation
A top-mount chimney damper functions similarly to a common throat damper located just above the firebox: it regulates the draft and helps smoke to move freely and fires to burn efficiently.
In addition, a top-mount damper serves as a protective covering at the top of your chimney. When tightly closed, it prevents the intrusion of rain, animals and debris, the same as a flue cap. Our crew installs a lot of these important components for our customers throughout the greater San Diego area. We also provide top-mount damper inspections and repairs for minor damage.
We provide a full menu of chimney and fireplace services, including:
- Chimney sweeping and cleaning
- Chimney leak detection and resolution
- Masonry repair and chimney rebuilding
- Repair of chimney tops, chimney liners, fireboxes and all other components
- Chimney waterproofing
- Chimney and fireplace inspections
- Installation of manufactured fireplaces, heating stoves, fireplace inserts and gas log sets
Call Your Local Chimney Experts Today
Since 1985, Chimney Sweep Inc. has helped our customers keep their chimneys clean, safe and in top form. We hold a Certified Chimney Professional designation, are certified by the National Fire Protection Association, and are proud members of the Golden State Chimney Sweep Guild.
Chimney sweeping in Southern California
When it’s time for a professional chimney sweep, Chimney Sweep Inc. is here to help.
We’re your local chimney experts in Lakeside CA, Oceanside CA, and the greater San Diego CA, area. We serve Coronado CA, Escondido CA, La Mesa CA, and San Clemente CA, along with North Park CA, Alpine CA, Solana Beach CA, and other communities throughout East San Diego County.
Speak with a chimney and fireplace expert today at (619) 593-4020 or request an appointment online here.